Best Life Residential believes that with continuous support at hand, Individuals will enjoy a healthy and productive self-directed lifestyle. Individuals who receive our support should be part of their communities, have access to pursuing their interests and hobbies, and, most importantly, the opportunity to develop and maintain relationships with family and friends. Our Support providers work with Individuals, their families, and their teams to learn how to best assist for immediate and long term success.
Best Life is always looking for qualified candidates who are kind, committed, team-oriented, and reliable. If you are someone that cares for others and can commit to doing just that throughout a shift, then you are applying for the perfect position. Read on!
- Reading, writing, and carrying out directions. Charting and record keeping. Reporting changes in the health or status of an Individual.
- Continuous engagement with the Individual you support. Your role will include companionship, supportive listening, and utilization of all behavioral and individual support plans.
- In some cases, you will provide direct personal care including bathing, shaving, complete hair care, oral hygiene, applying lotions or creams, and assisting with using the toilet and/or changing adult undergarments. You may need to assist with dressing and undressing an individual.
- Using and maintaining adaptive equipment, such as lifts, hoyers, walkers, gait belts, braces, canes, wheelchairs, shower chairs and benches, swings, or tricycles for recreation.
- Range of Motion (in some cases), mobility (from slight assist to complete assistance), overseeing and participating in exercises with the Individual if required, and encouraging the pursuit of daily activity.
- Assisting with and caring for Individuals’ prosthetics; dentures, braces, or retainers; corrective eyewear; or hearing aids.
- Medication administration and oversight.
- Helping prepare or preparing nutritious meals, based upon the Individual’s meal plan (provided). Shopping for groceries, making shopping lists, and 1:1 supervision while eating. Minimal to complete assistance with eating.
- Facilitating community and recreational outings, including transportation. Providing support with hobbies, studies, and social activities. Transporting and attending appointments with Individuals.
- Daily housekeeping. Trash, laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, window cleaning, sanitation of counters, tubs, toilets, and all equipment. Observe and report any structural anomalies or hazards inside and outside of the home.
- Reliable transportation (your own vehicle), driver’s license, and insurance.
- An unquestionably clear background check.
- High school diploma. Some classes at a college or technical school, management experience, or military service is desired, but not required.
- Professional caregiving experience–verification of dates of employment with another agency. If you are new to the field, we will consider your references from past employers. You must provide references.
- The ability to lift up to 40-pounds, bend, squat, and remain stable throughout. The ability to walk/ run up to 1/2 mile without an adaptive aid. No physical limitations.
- Proof of citizenship–driver’s license and Social Security card (or valid passport).
- Ability to read and understand general to complex instructions, to complete documents, and to communicate effectively with an Individual and his or her team.
- TB testing (provided by Best Life) completed at Concentra
Job Type: Part-time/ Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Caregiving/direct patient care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Time employed at past jobs: Over 1 year (Preferred)
- High school diploma (Required)
- Some college (Preferred)
- Within 20 miles of job site preference (Verona, Mt. Horeb, Madison, or New Glarus)
- Driver’s license (Required)
- Proof of insurance (Required)
- Vehicle (Required)
- May be assigned to multiple locations in your area of preference